For the eighth straight time the city of Mesa is being recognized as a 2016 Playful City USA designation.
It is the tenth anniversary of the program that “honors cities and towns across the country for making their cities more playable” according to a press release.
“We are honored that Mesa has been chosen Playful City USA by KaBOOM,” Mesa Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities Director, Marc Heirshberg said in a press release. “What makes Mesa great and unique are the variety of play options we have at our parks, trails, pools, recreation centers, fields and sports complexes. There are many opportunities for children and adults to choose from and we are proud to offer that diversity in our community.”
257 different communities across the country were awarded with the recognition. You can learn more about these cities by visiting their website.
- Valley law enforcement K9s undergo explosive detection training
- Here are the Phoenix-area highway restrictions for Jan. 19 weekend
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site
- Pie Face Showdown is supposed to be fun, but not for this Mesa 5-year-old
- Main Street Minute: Black Chamber of Arizona recruits new leader