CORONADO, Calif. (AP) – Coronado police have rejected a request by the mother of a 6-year-old boy who died after falling down stairs at a California mansion to reopen the investigation into her son’s death.
U-T San Diego reports (bit.ly/RAaX94) that representatives of Dina Shacknai released a letter from Coronado’s police chief and San Diego County’s chief medical examiner that reaffirmed Max Shacknai’s death was an accident.
The younger Shacknai plunged over a stairwell banister at his father’s mansion in July 2011 and died from brain injuries. His father’s girlfriend killed herself two days after the fall.
Investigators say the boy may have tripped while running, grabbed a chandelier, hit his back on the banister and fallen. Dina Shacknai hired an expert who said her son’s death was likely the result of an assault.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy