When it comes to “The Nice Guys,” I can only say one thing: When I left the theater, my cheeks actually hurt from laughing so hard.
Okay, I can say a lot more about it.
“The Nice Guys” is about two men who are trying to find a woman. It sounds simple, but the story line (I don’t want to give too much away) is interesting and kept the film moving along nicely.
But the real feature is Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe. These are two actors you wouldn’t necessarily label “comedic” at first glance, but they make this movie great. Their timing — both speaking and physical comedy — is impeccable. Who knew?
In addition to Crowe and Gosling — the latter admittedly steals the show — the movie has plenty of action scenes that are really well done and some great special effects.
I loved it. It’s clever. It’s funny. It’s unique.
I would say more, but I have a ticket for another showing. See you in the theater.
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- Second weekend for ‘Black Panther’ is one of the best ever
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- 7 weeks later, ‘Jumanji’ is no. 1 at box office