BALTIMORE (AP) – A man whose life was the focus of “The Corner,” a book about a year on a drug-plagued Baltimore street corner, has died.
Baltimore County Police told The Baltimore Sun (
http://bsun.md/RlRAjJ) that 35-year-old DeAndre McCullough was found dead Wednesday, and family told the paper there was evidence of a drug overdose.
“The Corner” came out in 1997. It was written by former police officer Edward Burns and David Simon, who went on to create the HBO series “The Wire.” The book was also made into an HBO miniseries.
Police told the paper McCullough was found dead inside a residence in Woodlawn. A funeral will be held Tuesday.
Police said at the time of his death McCullough was being sought on warrants charging him with two armed robberies.
Information from: The Baltimore Sun,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food