NEW YORK (AP) – Prosecutors are dropping charges against two people who served 17 years behind bars for killing a New York City livery cab driver. New evidence has suggested they were innocent.
The New York Post (
http://bit.ly/YLGnOr) says Bronx prosecutors announced their intentions in court papers Friday.
Eric Glisson and Cathy Watkins were released in October but ordered to wear electronic monitoring bracelets. Those are set to come off after a court date next week.
Glisson and Watkins were convicted of the 1995 murder of cabbie Baithe Diop. They have insisted they’re innocent.
The case got a new look this year after a federal investigation revealed that two jailed gang members confessed to killing Diop.
Bronx prosecutors say they may also drop charges against three other people convicted in the case.
Information from: New York Post,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas