NEW YORK (AP) – Prosecutors are dropping charges against two people who served 17 years behind bars for killing a New York City livery cab driver. New evidence has suggested they were innocent.
The New York Post (
http://bit.ly/YLGnOr) says Bronx prosecutors announced their intentions in court papers Friday.
Eric Glisson and Cathy Watkins were released in October but ordered to wear electronic monitoring bracelets. Those are set to come off after a court date next week.
Glisson and Watkins were convicted of the 1995 murder of cabbie Baithe Diop. They have insisted they’re innocent.
The case got a new look this year after a federal investigation revealed that two jailed gang members confessed to killing Diop.
Bronx prosecutors say they may also drop charges against three other people convicted in the case.
Information from: New York Post,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development