NEW YORK (AP) – Prosecutors are dropping charges against two people who served 17 years behind bars for killing a New York City livery cab driver. New evidence has suggested they were innocent.
The New York Post (
http://bit.ly/YLGnOr) says Bronx prosecutors announced their intentions in court papers Friday.
Eric Glisson and Cathy Watkins were released in October but ordered to wear electronic monitoring bracelets. Those are set to come off after a court date next week.
Glisson and Watkins were convicted of the 1995 murder of cabbie Baithe Diop. They have insisted they’re innocent.
The case got a new look this year after a federal investigation revealed that two jailed gang members confessed to killing Diop.
Bronx prosecutors say they may also drop charges against three other people convicted in the case.
Information from: New York Post,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees