Sen. John McCain launched his first campaign ad targeting and attacking his Democratic opponent Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick.
The attack starts with a criticism of Obamacare and how it is “failing Arizonans.
“Obamacare is failing Arizonans. First, a massive rate hike more than twice the national average. Then, America’s largest health insurer abandoned Arizona’s failing Obamacare exchange,” the female narrator says.
The ad attacks Kirkpatrick for being “proud” of her Obamacare vote, with a female narrator reading “while Kirkpatrick’s ‘proud’ of putting us at risk, John McCain is leading the fight against Obamacare.”
According to the National Review, the ad cost McCain’s campaign $120,000 and began running in the Phoenix media market on Wednesday. The ad will circulate for a week.
Kirkpatrick’s campaign has already started attempting to link McCain with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s most questionable remarks.
- Mayor says terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor should be named after McCain
- Arizona’s military operations bring in $255M each year, report finds
- Arizona aid worker Kayla Mueller posthumously honored for courage
- Sen. Jeff Flake: I would rather vote for a Democrat than Roy Moore
- Weekly wrap-up: Here are some of the biggest stories of Nov. 5 week