Sen. John McCain launched his first campaign ad targeting and attacking his Democratic opponent Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick.
The attack starts with a criticism of Obamacare and how it is “failing Arizonans.
“Obamacare is failing Arizonans. First, a massive rate hike more than twice the national average. Then, America’s largest health insurer abandoned Arizona’s failing Obamacare exchange,” the female narrator says.
The ad attacks Kirkpatrick for being “proud” of her Obamacare vote, with a female narrator reading “while Kirkpatrick’s ‘proud’ of putting us at risk, John McCain is leading the fight against Obamacare.”
According to the National Review, the ad cost McCain’s campaign $120,000 and began running in the Phoenix media market on Wednesday. The ad will circulate for a week.
Kirkpatrick’s campaign has already started attempting to link McCain with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s most questionable remarks.
- Gosar endorses Ward over McSally in divisive Senate race
- US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward comes to President Trump’s defense
- US Senate hopeful Kelli Ward gets $500K boost ahead of GOP primary
- Brewer says McCain won’t resign as Senate moves to confirm Kavanaugh
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Phoenix-area stories from 4th of July weekend