Sen. John McCain launched his first campaign ad targeting and attacking his Democratic opponent Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick.
The attack starts with a criticism of Obamacare and how it is “failing Arizonans.
“Obamacare is failing Arizonans. First, a massive rate hike more than twice the national average. Then, America’s largest health insurer abandoned Arizona’s failing Obamacare exchange,” the female narrator says.
The ad attacks Kirkpatrick for being “proud” of her Obamacare vote, with a female narrator reading “while Kirkpatrick’s ‘proud’ of putting us at risk, John McCain is leading the fight against Obamacare.”
According to the National Review, the ad cost McCain’s campaign $120,000 and began running in the Phoenix media market on Wednesday. The ad will circulate for a week.
Kirkpatrick’s campaign has already started attempting to link McCain with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s most questionable remarks.
- Report: McCain blames Graham, smartphone for ‘odd’ Comey questions
- Meghan McCain in talks to join ABC’s ‘The View’ after leaving Fox News
- New Obamacare repeal lacks McCain support, despite Ducey, Flake approval
- The Latest: Senate approves $700 billion defense policy bill
- McCain: US may have to choose either nuclear-armed North Korea or war