The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) has chosen the Scottsdale-based Soilworks to supply dust control products for the ever growing problem of blowing dust in San Simon and on the I-10.
The company’s product called Gorilla-Snot is described as an “eco-safe, biodegradable, liquid copolymer used to provide erosion control and dust suppression.”
Almost 45,000 gallons of the product will be sent by Soilworks, who are the worldwide leader in dust control and soil stabilization.
“After touring the site last week, we knew we had a solution to limit the intense dust problems that have impeded traffic and commerce along I-10,” said Chad Falkenberg, president and founder of Soilworks. “Our solution offers an environmentally safe solution to the problem.”
The area along the freeway has forced the I-10 to be closed six times already since April due to the danger of reduced visibility.
A video of the product in action can be seen below:
- Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon attending Ward event in Arizona
- Main Street Minute: Financial planner helping kids learn about money
- Phoenix is best city in nation for millennial wages, report finds
- Arizona ranks among states with lowest cancer rates nationwide
- The Lights Fest coming to southern Arizona city later this month