The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) has chosen the Scottsdale-based Soilworks to supply dust control products for the ever growing problem of blowing dust in San Simon and on the I-10.
The company’s product called Gorilla-Snot is described as an “eco-safe, biodegradable, liquid copolymer used to provide erosion control and dust suppression.”
Almost 45,000 gallons of the product will be sent by Soilworks, who are the worldwide leader in dust control and soil stabilization.
“After touring the site last week, we knew we had a solution to limit the intense dust problems that have impeded traffic and commerce along I-10,” said Chad Falkenberg, president and founder of Soilworks. “Our solution offers an environmentally safe solution to the problem.”
The area along the freeway has forced the I-10 to be closed six times already since April due to the danger of reduced visibility.
A video of the product in action can be seen below:
- Arizona education gets low marks on annual report card
- Schweikert aggravated with Senate as government shutdown looms
- Arizona attorney general, truckers take human trafficking fight to road
- Arizona car registration fee boost proposed to end raid on road cash
- Kelli Ward faces tough primary, says former state GOP Chairman