A Tempe establishment wins the prize for the best beer bar in Arizona, thanks to a report by Thrillist.
Taste of Tops on University Drive in Tempe was selected as the state’s best place to grab a beer at the bar. Thrillist defines a beer bar as a bar that of course serves beer but also caters to those who love and obsess about the drink with interesting, quality beers on tap.
Taste of Tops is affiliated with Top Liquors, also on University.
“Tops Liquor is only one of the best beer shops in the country, and Taste of Tops lets you raid its stocks and drink to your heart’s content in this next-door bar,” Thrillist said.
Taste of Tops also has four employees that are Certified Cicerones or “essentially walking encyclopedias of beer knowledge and the beer world’s answer to sommeliers,” Thrillist explains.
Try for yourself by picking one of the 30 rotating craft taps or test your knowledge with the Certified Cicerones.
- Four Arizona breweries win medals at Great American Beer Festival
- Two Arizona spots named to best Mexican restaurants in America list
- Arizona state capitol building among ‘ugliest’ in nation, website finds
- Varsity Tavern to take over empty space on Mill Avenue
- Celebrate National IPA Day with some of Arizona’s best