LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) – A man charged with killing his parents and abducting his sister has been committed to the Arkansas State Hospital after a judge found he was temporarily mentally unfit to stand trial.
Pulaski County Circuit Judge Barry Sims ruled Monday that Antonio Whitlow should be committed indefinitely for treatment of mental illness. Whitlow was charged with capital murder and kidnapping after the July 2012 deaths of parents. He was later arrested in Memphis, Tenn., with his sister, who was 12 at the time.
Whitlow was evaluated by doctors at the request of his attorneys, Kent Krause and Cheryl Barnard, to explore a possible insanity defense.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports (
http://is.gd/Y3YR26) that Whitlow has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. A report from psychologists said Whitlow was paranoid and showed signs of psychosis.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick