UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) – A judge has dismissed the case against a Maryland man accused of calling himself a “joker” and threatening violence against his boss and office.
Prince George’s County District Court Judge Patrice Lewis agreed Tuesday with a defense lawyer’s argument that the court documents charging Neil Prescott are “defective” and unfairly vague and dismissed the case. Prosecutors say they haven’t decided whether to refile charges.
Prescott was charged last year with misusing a telephone, a misdemeanor, after police said he told a co-worker that he wanted to get his guns and “blow up” his workplace. Prescott’s lawyer says the co-worker thought Prescott was joking.
The “joker” comment prompted concern because of a mass shooting a week earlier during a screening of a Batman movie in Colorado.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food