PHOENIX — A Silver Alert issued Monday for a missing Phoenix-area man has been canceled.
Gordon Lee Jones was last seen near 43rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Glendale about 10:45 a.m. Monday until he was found and is home safe with his family and dog according to Glendale police.
Police said the 77-year-old Jones, who suffers from dementia, drove away from his home in his 1999 white Toyota Tacoma extended cab truck and had not been heard from since. He was driving to Scottsdale with his pet Doberman for a veterinarian appointment but did not arrive.
- Manchester United, Club America soccer match to snarl West Valley traffic
- Missing 76-year-old man found safe after being last seen in Mesa
- Silver Alert canceled; Clarkdale man found safe after driving to Luke AFB
- Silver Alert cancelled after 85-year-old man last seen in Phoenix found
- Silver Alert canceled after 51-year-old Scottsdale man was found safe