PHOENIX — A Silver Alert issued Monday for a missing Phoenix-area man has been canceled.
Gordon Lee Jones was last seen near 43rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Glendale about 10:45 a.m. Monday until he was found and is home safe with his family and dog according to Glendale police.
Police said the 77-year-old Jones, who suffers from dementia, drove away from his home in his 1999 white Toyota Tacoma extended cab truck and had not been heard from since. He was driving to Scottsdale with his pet Doberman for a veterinarian appointment but did not arrive.
- Phoenix not among cities bidding on 2026 FIFA World Cup
- Beyonce, Jay-Z to bring international stadium tour to Phoenix area
- Man accused in nine killings won’t be prosecuted in one of them
- Silver Alert cancelled after once-missing woman found in Mesa
- Three killed in shootings by Phoenix-area law enforcement on Friday