PHOENIX — A Silver Alert issued Monday for a missing Phoenix-area man has been canceled.
Gordon Lee Jones was last seen near 43rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Glendale about 10:45 a.m. Monday until he was found and is home safe with his family and dog according to Glendale police.
Police said the 77-year-old Jones, who suffers from dementia, drove away from his home in his 1999 white Toyota Tacoma extended cab truck and had not been heard from since. He was driving to Scottsdale with his pet Doberman for a veterinarian appointment but did not arrive.
- Silver Alert canceled for missing man from Surprise
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- University of Phoenix Stadium on list to host World Cup games
- Justice Department sues Glendale after National Guard member fired
- Museum to host auction in Glendale after Goodwin Fire damage