PHOENIX — Banner Health and the Phoenix VA Health Care System are becoming partners in surgery.
The two healthcare facilities are getting together to perform outpatient surgeries for veterans at Banner Health’s Surgicenter, located near 12th Street and McDowell Road.
Doctors and nurse case managers will come over from the VA to perform hundreds of surgeries at the Banner facility. The surgical staff, operating rooms and supplies will be provided by Banner.
“We are going to have VA physicians as well as nurse case managers working side by side with the clinical, the technical and the administrative staff from Banner Health,” Deborah Amdur, director of the Phoenix VA Health Care System, said.
Amdur said the partnership means veterans will get faster care and operating rooms will be freed up for more complex surgeries.
“When a veteran needs surgery that doesn’t require a hospital stay, we can perform that surgery here in the state-of-the-art operating rooms that Banner has to offer, let the veteran recover here and let them then return to the comfort of his or her home,” Amdur said.
Amdur said the outpatient surgeries performed at Banner will include shoulder repairs along with general surgery such as hernia repairs, podiatry and hand surgery, plus OB-GYN procedures.
“Without partnerships like this, the VA alone could not provide the care for the number of veterans that we are very privileged to have across the entire state of Arizona,” Amdur said.
So far, sixteen veterans have had outpatient surgery at the Banner Health Surgicenter.
“While we just recently launched this partnership, we have seen outstanding results so far,” Becky Kuhn, executive vice president for community delivery for Banner Health, said.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.