A homicide suspect driving a white compact managed to elude authorities in Flagstaff over the weekend, last seen speeding along Interstate 40.
Kenneth Ray Bastidos, 30, is wanted in Colorado for a May 4 death at a motel. Authorities believed he was armed.
Police learned he was in Arizona on Sunday afternoon, when a woman called from a hotel in town to say she had been riding with a wanted man.
Flagstaff police spotted the car, a 2014 Toyota Corolla, northeast of Northern Arizona University. Police followed the car along streets and Route 66 until it reached Interstate 40.
Arizona state troopers pursued the car once it reached the interstate, but eventually lost sight of of the car the interchange of I-17 and 40.
According to police, Bastidos has threatened “suicide by cop.”
Anyone who has seen Bastidos or the car should call 911, police said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Report of break-in ends with police shooting suspect
- Students planning March for Our Lives events across Arizona
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Maricopa County was fastest-growing county in US from 2016-2017
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction