A homicide suspect driving a white compact managed to elude authorities in Flagstaff over the weekend, last seen speeding along Interstate 40.
Kenneth Ray Bastidos, 30, is wanted in Colorado for a May 4 death at a motel. Authorities believed he was armed.
Police learned he was in Arizona on Sunday afternoon, when a woman called from a hotel in town to say she had been riding with a wanted man.
Flagstaff police spotted the car, a 2014 Toyota Corolla, northeast of Northern Arizona University. Police followed the car along streets and Route 66 until it reached Interstate 40.
Arizona state troopers pursued the car once it reached the interstate, but eventually lost sight of of the car the interchange of I-17 and 40.
According to police, Bastidos has threatened “suicide by cop.”
Anyone who has seen Bastidos or the car should call 911, police said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona
- Mexican officials find pot-launching bazooka near Arizona border
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks