A homicide suspect driving a white compact managed to elude authorities in Flagstaff over the weekend, last seen speeding along Interstate 40.
Kenneth Ray Bastidos, 30, is wanted in Colorado for a May 4 death at a motel. Authorities believed he was armed.
Police learned he was in Arizona on Sunday afternoon, when a woman called from a hotel in town to say she had been riding with a wanted man.
Flagstaff police spotted the car, a 2014 Toyota Corolla, northeast of Northern Arizona University. Police followed the car along streets and Route 66 until it reached Interstate 40.
Arizona state troopers pursued the car once it reached the interstate, but eventually lost sight of of the car the interchange of I-17 and 40.
According to police, Bastidos has threatened “suicide by cop.”
Anyone who has seen Bastidos or the car should call 911, police said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Principal, athletic director reassigned as Hamilton hazing case continues
- Arizona voter registration system targeted again by hackers
- Arizona judge denies bid to dismiss prosecutors in college shooting case
- Latinos in Arizona spent $42B on consumer goods in 2016, study finds
- Car jumps curb in Glendale, fatally strikes bicyclist