SAN ANTONIO (AP) – A former trainer at a South Texas Air Force base has been sentenced to six months in jail after pleading guilty in a sex scandal with recruits.
The San Antonio Express-News (
http://bit.ly/13eM5K9) reports a military judge on Friday also sentenced Senior Airman Andrew Lira to 30 days of hard labor, ordered $1,200 in forfeitures and reduced Lira to the lowest rank.
Prosecutors at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland charged the 28-year-old with having unprofessional relationships, adultery and two counts of obstructing justice. The incidents involved several female recruits.
Prosecutors say all of Lira’s relationships were consensual, but they violated Air Force rules.
Lira’s case is the 23rd sexual misconduct court-martial at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in the past 14 months. Most of the defendants were convicted.
Information from: San Antonio Express-News,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains