SAN ANTONIO (AP) – A former trainer at a South Texas Air Force base has been sentenced to six months in jail after pleading guilty in a sex scandal with recruits.
The San Antonio Express-News (
http://bit.ly/13eM5K9) reports a military judge on Friday also sentenced Senior Airman Andrew Lira to 30 days of hard labor, ordered $1,200 in forfeitures and reduced Lira to the lowest rank.
Prosecutors at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland charged the 28-year-old with having unprofessional relationships, adultery and two counts of obstructing justice. The incidents involved several female recruits.
Prosecutors say all of Lira’s relationships were consensual, but they violated Air Force rules.
Lira’s case is the 23rd sexual misconduct court-martial at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in the past 14 months. Most of the defendants were convicted.
Information from: San Antonio Express-News,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever