SAN ANTONIO (AP) – A former trainer at a South Texas Air Force base has been sentenced to six months in jail after pleading guilty in a sex scandal with recruits.
The San Antonio Express-News (
http://bit.ly/13eM5K9) reports a military judge on Friday also sentenced Senior Airman Andrew Lira to 30 days of hard labor, ordered $1,200 in forfeitures and reduced Lira to the lowest rank.
Prosecutors at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland charged the 28-year-old with having unprofessional relationships, adultery and two counts of obstructing justice. The incidents involved several female recruits.
Prosecutors say all of Lira’s relationships were consensual, but they violated Air Force rules.
Lira’s case is the 23rd sexual misconduct court-martial at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in the past 14 months. Most of the defendants were convicted.
Information from: San Antonio Express-News,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon