PHOENIX — One man has died and two others are left in critical condition after a shooting in a Phoenix-area home early Friday morning.
Tempe Police Lt. Mike Pooley said 34-year-old Gregory Wheeler died on Friday after being taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition.
The shooting occurred at a home near Apache Boulevard and Loop 101.
Witnesses said the three men had been arguing when it turned violent. Two men were shot outside the home and the other inside around 5 a.m.
Pooley said that multiple homeless people had been allowed to stay on the property and several people were questioned.
Homes on the street — the 2000 block of East Wildermuth Drive — were scheduled for demolition starting next month. An apartment complex with retail space will go up in their places.
- Phoenix firefighter accused of assaulting wife’s boyfriend
- Scottsdale man dies suddenly after bloody visit with elderly parents
- Woman hospitalized after road-rage shooting in Glendale
- Customer fatally shoots gunman during robbery attempt in Phoenix
- Chandler Police arrest 3 suspects after 2 people are shot