PHOENIX — One man has died and two others are left in critical condition after a shooting in a Phoenix-area home early Friday morning.
Tempe Police Lt. Mike Pooley said 34-year-old Gregory Wheeler died on Friday after being taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition.
The shooting occurred at a home near Apache Boulevard and Loop 101.
Witnesses said the three men had been arguing when it turned violent. Two men were shot outside the home and the other inside around 5 a.m.
Pooley said that multiple homeless people had been allowed to stay on the property and several people were questioned.
Homes on the street — the 2000 block of East Wildermuth Drive — were scheduled for demolition starting next month. An apartment complex with retail space will go up in their places.
- Arizona filmmaker to debut true crime TV show ‘Deadly Dentists’
- Northern California gunman’s wife found dead under floor
- At least five dead, multiple hurt in northern California shooting
- Weekly wrap-up: Here are some of the biggest stories of Nov. 5 week
- Scottsdale police identify 2 adults, 2 children killed in murder-suicide