FEDERALSBURG, Md. (AP) – Authorities say three boys have drowned in a creek on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
The boys were two 12-year-old cousins and an 8-year-old friend. They were last seen late Saturday afternoon playing basketball in a church parking lot.
Capt. Jerry Kirkwood of the Maryland Natural Resources police says the boys’ parents were at work Saturday. The boys were reported missing early Sunday.
Kirkwood says it’s possible they went into the creek to cool off. The creek is 25 feet wide and 5-to-10 feet deep.
Rescue dogs helped lead authorities to the bodies Sunday morning. The third body was recovered with the help of a dive team.
Officials say the bodies were pulled from Marshyhope Creek in Federalsburg.
No foul play is suspected in the deaths.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates