PHOENIX — A Phoenix business is encouraging entrepreneurs to start their businesses in the Phoenix-area.
The We Believe in PHX campaign is the work of Tuft and Needle co-founders Daehee Park and J.T. Marino. They want others to know the strong, supportive community available to those who want to startup a business in the Valley.
Both Park and Marino had worked in Silicon Valley and considered starting their new mattress company there, but decided on Phoenix, citing the cost of living, the cost of doing business and the support they received from the city of Phoenix and other businesses.
“People (are) just so willing to help connect us with other people who may be helpful, who may be able to help us find office space or when it comes to finding a construction company,” Marino said.
The two like the business environment and the work-life balance that the Phoenix-area provides.
“We wanted to be able to build a company while creating a very healthy, good environment for our employees and ourselves,” Park said.
Park and Marino are encouraging others to follow suit.
“You don’t have to go to San Francisco or you don’t have to go to New York to start a successful company,” Park said.
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball