Well, the day had finally arrived: Jango was ready to start his Jedi Hunting training with Tony Marquez from Desert Creek Gun Dog Kennels at Gila Hallows Duck Club.
I thought that this was going to be a tearful — I mean, simple — handoff. Nope!
This was day one of training!
Tony was ready with a couple of birds in his truck and we were off to the races.
First up: recall. We wanted to see how Jango did off of a leash. Would he come back to us when called?
Then, birdie time. Tony put Jango through a simple flush-and-retrieve drill.
Finally, the last lesson of the day: scent and point.
Check the video out to see how Jango did with each of his 101-level lessons.
Watch episode one of “Get Outdoors Unleashed” here.
- Get Outdoors Unleashed: Jango graduates from hunting school
- Get Outdoors product review: Who makes the best coffee tumbler for outdoors?
- Get Outdoors product review: Assault Hand Paddle
- Why you should be excited about this weekend's Arizona's Get Outdoors Expo
- How to get outdoors and film your experience easily