KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday at 7:23 a.m.
• Another Valley resort is undergoing major renovations. The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs near Seventh Street and Thunderbird Road plans on spending $8.5 million to upgrade nearly 550 guest rooms. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the project will begin in the summer and should be completed by the fall.
• Go Daddy has pledged to hire 500 military veterans or spouses over the next five years. The Scottsdale-based technology provider was one of 52 companies honored this week at the White House for its commitment to support veterans and military spouses through economic opportunities.
• The city of Mesa is offering residents a chance to save $40 on their summer electric bills. The energy resources department’s summer electric assistance program is accepting applications on a first come, first served basis for customers whose total household income is less than $27,000 a year. It’s best to apply by June 1.
- Celebrate National Donut Day with the Valley’s most drool-inducing treats
- Arizona effort to tax rich draws concerns from business advocates
- Arizona Chamber explores business opportunities in Israel
- Thousands of Arizona businesses still haven’t renewed sales tax license
- Lights festival outside of Phoenix to begin after being postponed in October