PHOENIX — As the temperature begins to rise, so will the number of freeway improvement projects in the Phoenix-area.
As a result, several highways in the Valley will be closed during the weekend of April 6 to accommodate for maintenance, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between the I-17 “Stack” interchange and the State Route 51 “Mini-Stack” interchange from 9 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday for tunnel maintenance and cleaning.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will be closed between the I-17 “Split” interchange near Sky Harbor International Airport and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday for tunnel maintenance and cleaning.
– Southbound State Route 51 and westbound Loop 202 ramps to westbound I-10 will also be closed.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed at Dysart Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday for installation of overhead message sign and traffic-flow sensors.
– Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Litchfield Road will also be closed.
• Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for construction of future ramp to southbound Loop 303.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be narrowed to three lanes between 90th Street and Indian Bend Road/Talking Stick Way from 8:30 p.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Sunday for rubberized asphalt paving.
– Southbound Loop 101 on- and off-ramps between 90th Street and Indian Bend Road will also be closed.
• Grand Avenue will be narrowed to one lane in each direction at Loop 303 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday for paving.
• Northbound Loop 303 on-ramp at Grand Avenue and southbound Loop 303 off-ramp at Grand Avenue will be closed from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday for paving.
• Northbound Loop 303 on-ramp at Bell Road and northbound Loop 303 off-ramp at Grand Avenue will be closed from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday for paving.
The road closures are scheduled to change due to bad weather, so follow KTAR News online or at 92.3 FM for the latest updates.
- Traffic could be snarled in Tempe ahead of ASU, UofA football game
- Teen spends second Thanksgiving with Mesa family after viral exchange
- Landfill search for missing Phoenix woman’s body passes halfway mark
- Glendale Glitters to light up West Valley suburb for the holiday season
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company