PHOENIX — Country music fans, grab your boots: Legend Willie Nelson announced Thursday that he will play two concerts in the Valley of the Sun.
Both dates are scheduled for later this year — Oct. 15 and Oct. 16. Both shows will be held at the Celebrity Theater near 32nd and Van Buren streets in Phoenix.
The Oct. 15 show starts at 8 p.m., while the Oct. 16 show begins one hour earlier.
Tickets for both concerts go on sale May 16 at 10 a.m. They will be sold at the Celebrity Theater box office and online at CelebrityTheater.com.
Ticket prices start at $67 and top out at $127, but that does not include surcharges.
Nelson is a legend in the country music scene. The 83-year-old Texas native’s career has spanned six decades, during which he has released more than 200 albums.
The Grammy-winning singer has also appeared in more than 30 films and has released a Top 10 New York Times’ bestseller.
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail