PHOENIX — One person was killed and up to four were hurt in a multicar crash in a west Phoenix intersection early Thursday morning.
One car burst into flames, killing the driver. Police closed the streets at 59th Avenue and Thomas Road in all directions after the crash, which happened before 5 a.m.
Police said three vehicles collided but more became collateral damage.
At least one person was hospitalized in serious condition.
Investigators were going to be at the scene for several hours and had already spoken to some witnesses.
- Atlanta airport power outage to affect handful of Sky Harbor flights
- US Postal Service to open some Phoenix, Mesa locations Sunday
- Phoenix metro area receives overnight rain showers
- Rain, chilly weather in the weekend forecast for Phoenix
- Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company to open downtown Phoenix location