PHOENIX — One person was killed and up to four were hurt in a multicar crash in a west Phoenix intersection early Thursday morning.
One car burst into flames, killing the driver. Police closed the streets at 59th Avenue and Thomas Road in all directions after the crash, which happened before 5 a.m.
Police said three vehicles collided but more became collateral damage.
At least one person was hospitalized in serious condition.
Investigators were going to be at the scene for several hours and had already spoken to some witnesses.
- Trump’s visit to force closures of some downtown Phoenix streets, businesses
- Vice President Mike Pence expected to join Trump at Phoenix rally
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey will not attend Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Democratic leader says Trump’s unpredictability causing US instability
- Lawmakers want push against Arpaio pardon during Trump Phoenix visit