PHOENIX — One person was killed and up to four were hurt in a multicar crash in a west Phoenix intersection early Thursday morning.
One car burst into flames, killing the driver. Police closed the streets at 59th Avenue and Thomas Road in all directions after the crash, which happened before 5 a.m.
Police said three vehicles collided but more became collateral damage.
At least one person was hospitalized in serious condition.
Investigators were going to be at the scene for several hours and had already spoken to some witnesses.
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting
- Phoenix police union calling for review board decision to be overturned