PHOENIX — One person was killed and up to four were hurt in a multicar crash in a west Phoenix intersection early Thursday morning.
One car burst into flames, killing the driver. Police closed the streets at 59th Avenue and Thomas Road in all directions after the crash, which happened before 5 a.m.
Police said three vehicles collided but more became collateral damage.
At least one person was hospitalized in serious condition.
Investigators were going to be at the scene for several hours and had already spoken to some witnesses.
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion