Texas authorities said a man who had been recently let go opened fire at a transportation company near Houston, killing one employee and injuring another before fatally shooting himself.
Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said Wednesday the gunman, whose identity has not been released, had been fired earlier in the day. He went back, armed, to the Knight Transportation office in Katy, about 20 miles west of Houston.
“He parked right outside the building and came straight in,” Hickman said.
Two schools were placed on lockdown during the shooting.
Knight Transportation is headquartered in Phoenix.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Charges dismissed in shootout at Arizona Border Patrol checkpoint
- Arizona Senate hopeful kills mother, uses her death in gun control debate
- Trump tweets, hits links before high-stakes Putin meeting
- Longest nails in the world cut by owner after 66 years
- Arizona ranks among strictest states on speeding, reckless driving