Texas authorities said a man who had been recently let go opened fire at a transportation company near Houston, killing one employee and injuring another before fatally shooting himself.
Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said Wednesday the gunman, whose identity has not been released, had been fired earlier in the day. He went back, armed, to the Knight Transportation office in Katy, about 20 miles west of Houston.
“He parked right outside the building and came straight in,” Hickman said.
Two schools were placed on lockdown during the shooting.
Knight Transportation is headquartered in Phoenix.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Gov. Doug Ducey to introduce plan to address some school safety issues
- Tesla to raise Supercharger rates in US, nearly double in Arizona
- Senate confirms Arizona Treasurer Jeff DeWit for NASA post
- Arizona students walk out of class to push for gun control
- Tighter-than-tight Pennsylvania congressional race too close to call