Texas authorities said a man who had been recently let go opened fire at a transportation company near Houston, killing one employee and injuring another before fatally shooting himself.
Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said Wednesday the gunman, whose identity has not been released, had been fired earlier in the day. He went back, armed, to the Knight Transportation office in Katy, about 20 miles west of Houston.
“He parked right outside the building and came straight in,” Hickman said.
Two schools were placed on lockdown during the shooting.
Knight Transportation is headquartered in Phoenix.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees