Texas authorities said a man who had been recently let go opened fire at a transportation company near Houston, killing one employee and injuring another before fatally shooting himself.
Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said Wednesday the gunman, whose identity has not been released, had been fired earlier in the day. He went back, armed, to the Knight Transportation office in Katy, about 20 miles west of Houston.
“He parked right outside the building and came straight in,” Hickman said.
Two schools were placed on lockdown during the shooting.
Knight Transportation is headquartered in Phoenix.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Buckeye woman dies after being struck in chest with stray bullet
- Donald Trump defends self after comments: ‘I am not a racist’
- Thieves steal puppies worth thousands from Phoenix-area pet store
- Suspect seriously wounded after officer-involved shooting in Phoenix
- McSally, Arpaio tie in poll for US Senate race