The Phoenix Police Department is looking for a motorist who hit and dragged a police officer near 35th Avenue and Bell Road.
The driver then fled the scene.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with Phoenix PD said the officer was investigating a traffic collision when he was struck. The officer was dragged a short distance but sustained only minor injuries.
Police officers are currently following up active leads and attempting to locate the suspect.
- Car chase down Interstate 10 ends south of Phoenix, driver in custody
- Police say Gilbert man killed wife, attempted to cover it up
- Arizona legislator questions legality of Phoenix police immigration policy
- Kidnapped Avondale boy found safe, suspect not caught
- Schools locked down as police search for man north of Phoenix