The Phoenix Police Department is looking for a motorist who hit and dragged a police officer near 35th Avenue and Bell Road.
The driver then fled the scene.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with Phoenix PD said the officer was investigating a traffic collision when he was struck. The officer was dragged a short distance but sustained only minor injuries.
Police officers are currently following up active leads and attempting to locate the suspect.
- Phoenix police, highway trooper vehicles crash helping in pursuit
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Mesa man arrested for impersonating officer; tried to pull over troopers
- Silver Alert canceled for previously missing 81-year-old man