The Phoenix Police Department is looking for a motorist who hit and dragged a police officer near 35th Avenue and Bell Road.
The driver then fled the scene.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with Phoenix PD said the officer was investigating a traffic collision when he was struck. The officer was dragged a short distance but sustained only minor injuries.
Police officers are currently following up active leads and attempting to locate the suspect.
- Phoenix police chief assures city security will be ready for Trump rally
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Phoenix-area police searching for man impersonating an officer
- Scottsdale man dies suddenly after bloody visit with elderly parents
- Man accused of urinating on family during Phoenix-area Metallica concert