The Phoenix Police Department is looking for a motorist who hit and dragged a police officer near 35th Avenue and Bell Road.
The driver then fled the scene.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with Phoenix PD said the officer was investigating a traffic collision when he was struck. The officer was dragged a short distance but sustained only minor injuries.
Police officers are currently following up active leads and attempting to locate the suspect.
- Interstate 17 closes in Phoenix as police talk down suicidal man
- Suspect arrested in connection to hit-and-run crash at Bartlett Lake
- Off Central: Valley girls take part in first responder preparedness course
- Digital recruiting aims to help Phoenix police reach millennials
- Man killed in Phoenix after shootout with police