The Phoenix Police Department is looking for a motorist who hit and dragged a police officer near 35th Avenue and Bell Road.
The driver then fled the scene.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with Phoenix PD said the officer was investigating a traffic collision when he was struck. The officer was dragged a short distance but sustained only minor injuries.
Police officers are currently following up active leads and attempting to locate the suspect.
- Phoenix police searching for suspect who shot, killed bicyclist
- Glendale police found 13-year-old boy who went missing Thursday
- Case study: Police body cams helping prosecute domestic violence cases
- Phoenix police association to hold fundraising cookout for injured officer
- Phoenix police identify man who was shot and killed by officer