If you’re familiar with “Key & Peele” on Comedy Central, you’re familiar with some of the best sketch comedy on television.
Which is why I was prepared for “Keanu” to maybe be a flop. After all, the jump from TV to the silver screen is a big one.
But I’m pleased to say this wasn’t the case. Not only was “Keanu” downright hilarious, but it had some entirely original jokes that really hit.
The story basically follows two nerdy guys who are trying to rescue their cat that has been kidnapped (kitten-napped?). To get the cat back, they have to transform into street gangsters. It’s ridiculous. It’s funny. It’s entertaining.
A warning: This is a movie where the kids should stay at home. It’s violent. There’s a lot of cursing.
But it’s worth seeing. I haven’t laughed that hard in a movie theater in a long, long time.
- Routine ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ is good for a few laughs, but not much else
- Arizona AG says state tuition rate hikes unfair for parents, students
- Phoenix museum to offer free admission to educators
- What parents need to know about ‘Wonder Woman’
- Solar jobs continue growth in Arizona, still trails well behind rest of nation