Even though Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is running under the campaign slogan “Trus-Ted,” he proved he can’t even take care of his own potential vice president, let alone the country.
During a campaign rally in Lafayette, Indiana, on Sunday, Cruz’s chosen vice president Carly Fiorina was introducing the nominee and his family when suddenly, she fell off of the stage.
“…And the next president of the United States, Ted Cruz!” Fiorina can be heard saying, shortly before her enthusiasm turned into shock as she fell (pretty gracefully, might I add) off of the campaign stage.
While she recovered rather quickly and got up on her feet with no apparent injuries, Fiorina’s running mate did not seem phased in one bit.
In fact, he didn’t even seem to notice.
Perhaps the fall is a metaphor: the campaign rally comes just days before the pair are expected to go head-to-head with frontrunner Donald Trump in the crucial state of Indiana.
According to FiveThirtyEight, Trump has an 83 percent chance of winning the state, which would allow him to take home the 57 delegates at stake, giving him a potentially substantial lead with the biggest prize, besides California.
As if that video weren’t cringe-worthy enough, watch this one of Cruz and Fiorina attempt to hold hands.
God Bless America, everybody.
- Study: Arizonans among least tolerant of neighbor’s political yard signs
- All things politics: Taxes, education, solar and ‘wave’ elections
- Gosar endorses Ward over McSally in divisive Senate race
- Prosecutors say Russian hackers leased servers in Arizona, Illinois
- US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward comes to President Trump’s defense