As the push to legalize recreation marijuana continues to grow, so does the number of medical marijuana dispensaries.
According to the Phoneix Business Journal, the Arizona Department of Health Services is expected to award somewhere around 30 new licenses for medical marijuana dispensaries.
Currently, there are 99 licensed dispensaries in the state with 92 of them open and operating.
According to DHS, 97 percent of the state’s residents live within 25 miles of an operating dispensary with about 95,000 people in the state with medical marijuana cards.
Arizona voters approved medical marijuana in 2010, and it is expected that voters will be asked in November to approve the recreational use.
- Trump’s NAFTA termination comment falls flat with Arizona business leaders
- Report: Trump met with Flake’s prospective primary opponents at Phoenix rally
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix
- Arpaio felt Trump would defy advisers, grant pardon at Phoenix rally