As the push to legalize recreation marijuana continues to grow, so does the number of medical marijuana dispensaries.
According to the Phoneix Business Journal, the Arizona Department of Health Services is expected to award somewhere around 30 new licenses for medical marijuana dispensaries.
Currently, there are 99 licensed dispensaries in the state with 92 of them open and operating.
According to DHS, 97 percent of the state’s residents live within 25 miles of an operating dispensary with about 95,000 people in the state with medical marijuana cards.
Arizona voters approved medical marijuana in 2010, and it is expected that voters will be asked in November to approve the recreational use.
- Atlanta airport power outage to affect handful of Sky Harbor flights
- More Arizona firefighters sent to battle California wildfires
- US Postal Service to open some Phoenix, Mesa locations Sunday
- Arizona to spend $17M to fight tobacco use in 2017, among top states in US
- Phoenix metro area receives overnight rain showers