NEW ORLEANS (AP) – The Coast Guard says it airlifted a man with heart disease from a sailboat in the stormy Gulf of Mexico to shore in Louisiana.
The Coast Guard said officials were called early Thursday about a husband and wife aboard a 64-foot sailboat bound for Houston from Cozumel, Mexico.
The man had a history of heart disease. The woman said he was slumped over and unresponsive. A Coast Guard helicopter from Mobile, Ala., hoisted the couple from the sailboat and took them to a Coast Guard station near New Orleans, where the man was reported in stable condition. He was taken to a medical clinic.
Petty Officer Bill Colclough said the sailboat was left adrift and that the unidentified owner would work with an insurance company on salvage plans.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them