A 29-year-old male hiker was assaulted while on trail 100 near 22nd Place and Mountain View Road. The unidentified hiker was attacked by an acquaintance who was hiking with him, but the reason is unknown.
The hiker is in stable condition and has been transported to a hospital.
Identities of either hiker, and the cause of the altercation, are currently unknown.
Captain Ardell Deliz of the Phoenix Fire Department said the Phoenix Police is currently investigating the situation, and the events that transpired.
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body
- Phoenix awarded $5.3M grant to hire 32 firefighters over next three years
- Child dies after falling 60 feet from Sedona hiking trail
- Phoenix will not move forward with review of police actions at Trump rally
- 1 killed in fiery car accident in north Phoenix