A 29-year-old male hiker was assaulted while on trail 100 near 22nd Place and Mountain View Road. The unidentified hiker was attacked by an acquaintance who was hiking with him, but the reason is unknown.
The hiker is in stable condition and has been transported to a hospital.
Identities of either hiker, and the cause of the altercation, are currently unknown.
Captain Ardell Deliz of the Phoenix Fire Department said the Phoenix Police is currently investigating the situation, and the events that transpired.
- Young woman dies, teen boy seriously hurt in north Phoenix car wreck
- Main Street Minute: Teens can nominate teachers for monthly honor
- Phoenix police association to hold fundraising cookout for injured officer
- Man caught between trucks in Peoria dies at hospital
- Phoenix police identify man who was shot and killed by officer