A 29-year-old male hiker was assaulted while on trail 100 near 22nd Place and Mountain View Road. The unidentified hiker was attacked by an acquaintance who was hiking with him, but the reason is unknown.
The hiker is in stable condition and has been transported to a hospital.
Identities of either hiker, and the cause of the altercation, are currently unknown.
Captain Ardell Deliz of the Phoenix Fire Department said the Phoenix Police is currently investigating the situation, and the events that transpired.
- Phoenix officer injured in crash identified, remains critical
- Phoenix police, highway trooper vehicles crash helping in pursuit
- 2-year-old girl dies after being found in Goodyear pool
- Dignity Health program preps joint replacement patients for surgery, recovery
- Suspect down after officer-involved shooting in Phoenix