A 29-year-old male hiker was assaulted while on trail 100 near 22nd Place and Mountain View Road. The unidentified hiker was attacked by an acquaintance who was hiking with him, but the reason is unknown.
The hiker is in stable condition and has been transported to a hospital.
Identities of either hiker, and the cause of the altercation, are currently unknown.
Captain Ardell Deliz of the Phoenix Fire Department said the Phoenix Police is currently investigating the situation, and the events that transpired.
- Mayo Clinic Phoenix appears on report of best hospitals
- Crews pluck hiker off Camelback Mountain in overnight rescue
- Officials looking for Texas woman missing in Grand Canyon find a body
- Phoenix police adopt new immigration-related policies
- Attorney’s office: No charges in boy’s Arizona hiking death