(AP) – Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. KERRY ISSUES BLUNT WARNING TO RUSSIA ON UKRAINE
The U.S. tells Moscow that any military operation in its neighbor would be a “grave mistake.”
2. ARIZONA GOVERNOR VETOES RELIGIOUS FREEDOM BILL
Gov. Jan Brewer said the bill, which would have granted people the right to refuse service to gays, was divisive and could have resulted in unintended negative consequences.
3. HOW THE TEXAS GAY MARRIAGE BAN GOT STRUCK DOWN
Federal judge says the anti-gay law is “state-imposed inequality,” but will allow it to remain in force pending appeal.
4. GOP TAX PLAN WOULD WIPE OUT SOME POPULAR BREAKS
But in exchange, income tax rates would be cut and the standard deduction, which is used by most taxpayers, would be nearly doubled.
5. RIGHTS ACTIVISTS DECRY RISE IN KILLINGS OF PALESTINIAN WOMEN
Advocates blame the increase in those crimes on the leniency the law shows toward those committing them.
6. DRUG THAT CAN REVERSE AN OPIATE OVERDOSE STIRS DEBATE
Supporters say the opportunity to save lives outweighs fears by critics who say that the promise of a nearby antidote would encourage drug abuse.
7. WHAT’S BEEN BANNED IN BOSTON
Boston Marathon organizers say new security measures bar runners from carrying bags, wearing costumes, or carrying athletic or military equipment.
8. STUDY FINDS SURPRISING RISK FOR KIDS WITH OLDER DADS
The report found middle-aged men face greater odds for having children with psychiatric problems, but more proof is needed.
9. WHY OUR GALAXY IS LOOKING MORE CROWDED
NASA’s Kepler telescope confirms a bonanza of 715 newly discovered planets outside our solar system.
10. DELAWARE MUSEUM DISPLAYS `DOWNTON ABBEY’ DRESSES
The exhibit, which includes more than 40 costumes from the popular British drama, may become the Winterthur Museum’s most popular show ever.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them