DETROIT (AP) – The judge has ordered life sentences for three people convicted in the deaths of two Detroit-area women who were abducted, killed and buried in a park.
Wayne County Judge Vonda Evans called one man a “merciless mercenary” and another an “architect of death.” Reginald Brown, cousin Jeremy Brown and Brandon Cain face mandatory life in prison without parole.
Brian Lee proclaimed his innocence before he was sentenced Friday to at least 45 years in prison for second-degree murder.
Hamtramck residents Abreeya Brown and Ashley Conaway were stuffed in a car trunk at gunpoint before they were killed in February. Police believe they were targeted for informing authorities about an earlier shooting.
A fifth defendant was sentenced last week to at least 20 years in prison.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development