A Phoenix-based group is out to prove that people with disabilities or other challenges can lead a life just as exciting as everyone else.
Daring Adventures is a nonprofit organization committed to improving the lives of individuals with disabilities and significant life challenges through the power of outdoor recreation.
Over the past 25 years, Daring Adventures has taken more than 1,200 people whitewater rafting.
Programs expanded to include adaptive hiking, cycling, cross-country skiing, kayaking, sled hockey and more. T
These events are possible thanks to Daring Adventures’ large variety of adaptive recreational equipment, including bikes, sit skis, kayaks, etc.
Since branching out on its own from the city just four short years ago, the organization has grown three-fold. In 2015, it served more than 1,500 participants, hosted more than 100 activities and received more than 4,500 volunteer hours.
Daring Aventures accepts donations online.
- Off Central: Valley group pairing dogs, veterans to save lives
- Faith in Humanity: Valley group provides scholarships for children of fallen military
- Faith in Humanity: Valley charity raising awareness of ovarian cancer
- Faith in Humanity: Group wants to recycle 1,000 donated bicycles for holiday gifts
- Faith in Humanity: Valley group teams hustlers up for the common good