LEESBURG, Va. (AP) – A Connecticut man has received two more life sentences for the 2001 kidnapping and rape of a Leesburg woman that was one of many linked by authorities as being committed by the “East Coast Rapist.”
The life terms imposed Friday by a Loudoun County judge come on top of three life terms imposed March 1 for an attack on three teenagers in 2009 in Prince William County.
Police say Aaron Thomas of New Haven, Conn., was responsible for 17 rapes and sex crimes spanning from 1997 to 2009 in Virginia, Maryland, Connecticut and Rhode Island. He was arrested in 2011 after a multi-state law enforcement effort.
After Friday’s hearing, the victim in the Leesburg case said Thomas appeared to be sorry for himself more than for his crimes.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development