OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) – Three people have been killed in Northern California as high winds knocked out power to thousands of residents in the region.
The Contra Costa Times reports (
http://bit.ly/1bWzT3n) a man was killed late Thursday in Oakland when a power line fell to the ground and electrocuted him. Authorities say another man in Oakland died less than an hour later as he tried to avoid debris in the road. In Yuba County, a 52-year-old woman died when a tree fell on a parked car in which she was sitting.
Strong winds continued to batter the region early Friday.
Pacific Gas and Electric Co. said tens of thousands of customers were without power late Thursday. There was no estimate when power would be restored.
Information from: Contra Costa Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development