DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) – A serial child molester in Pennsylvania who tattooed an underage girl in exchange for sex will spend the rest of his life in prison for crimes against 15 children.
A Bucks County judge sentenced 36-year-old Walter Meyerle on Thursday to 494 to 982 years behind bars.
The judge convicted Meyerle in August of 170 counts of molesting boys and girls ages 4 to 17. The crimes spanned 13 years, from 1997 to 2010.
Meyerle, of Falls Township, was arrested in May 2011 after police said he tattooed a girl in return for sexual favors.
The investigation led authorities to identify other victims, most of them the children of Meyerle’s friends and girlfriends.
The Doylestown Intelligencer reports (
http://bit.ly/10FjMyc) the sentencing hearing took nearly four hours because of numerous victim impact statements.
Information from: The Intelligencer,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise