BOSTON (AP) – An inmate accused of wounding a deputy during an escape attempt at a Boston hospital is being held on $1 million bail.
Police says 36-year-old Raymond Wallace of Marblehead snatched a gun from one of two Middlesex County deputies escorting him for treatment Wednesday and shot the deputy in the leg. The other deputy shot Wallace in the chest.
Wallace was being held on armed robbery charges at the time. A prosecutor says the deputies removed Wallace’s handcuffs to allow him to use a restroom, where he managed to get out of his leg restraints as well.
Wallace was arraigned Tuesday on assault, escape and firearms charges in his bed at Massachusetts General Hospital. A not guilty plea was entered.
The wounded deputy is recovering.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match