Most of us know the story of “The Jungle Book,” but for those who don’t, here’s a quick recap: A young boy, Mowgli, is raised by wolves.
As an evil tiger, Shere Khan, moves in and decides to hunt Mowgli, he must leave and learn to survive in the jungle. He’s guided by a panther, Bagheera, and a lovable oaf of a bear, Baloo.
As Mowgli grows and learns the jungle, he meets an assortment of animals, some of which have nefarious ideas.
Now that I’ve summed up the movie without spoilers, here’s one: It’s a fantastic film.
“The Jungle Book” is a remake of the 1967 classic that a lot of us grew up with. While that one was animated, the new version features one actor and the rest is computer-generated images, aka CGI. They broke some new ground technically on this one.
It also has a hugely impressive cast of voice actors, a few of which you’ll probably recognize.
The best part? The story isn’t lost in all the technology. This one is an instant classic and will have the entire family transfixed.
But a quick warning to parents: This is a Disney movie, so (and this shouldn’t be a spoiler) at least one parental figure doesn’t survive in the film.
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Ready Player One’ is why we go to the movies
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence