An Arizona group is looking to help those who need a wheelchair get one at low or no cost.
The Joni and Friends International Disability Center is asking the public to drop off any wheelchairs, wheelchair parts and crutches no longer needed to the Ability 360 Center, near Washington Street and State Route 143 in Phoenix.
Donations can be dropped up from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Donors can also schedule a pickup by calling 602-275-2568.
The group is hoping to collect 200 wheelchairs by the time the drive ends on May 14. Joni and Friends will hold a fundraiser that day at the same location featuring barbecue, live music and entertainment.
For more details or to make an online donation, go to JoniandFriends.org/arizona.
- Off Central: Valley group pairing dogs, veterans to save lives
- New playground that aims to help the disabled opens in Mesa
- Faith in Humanity: Valley group provides scholarships for children of fallen military
- Faith in Humanity: Valley charity raising awareness of ovarian cancer
- Faith in Humanity: Group wants to recycle 1,000 donated bicycles for holiday gifts