HIGHWOOD, Ill. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk is setting his priorities for his return to Washington.
Kirk hasn’t been back to the U.S. Senate since suffering a stroke earlier this year, but WLS TV (
http://bit.ly/XjhNCo) reports he’s planning to return in January.
Kirk tells WLS that he will make a ban on dumping sewage in the Great Lakes his priority for this Congress.
The 53-year-old Republican discussed his plans when he stopped at a polling place in the Chicago suburb of Highwood to cast his ballot Tuesday. He used a cane as he walked to the polls and greeted well-wishers.
Kirk’s says he’s feeling good after he climbed 37 floors of the Willis Tower on Sunday for a Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago fundraiser. He admits he took a long nap after the event.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains