Cheese that’s good: Best Phoenix spots for National Grilled Cheese Day
If you brought your lunch to work on Wednesday, you may want to wait until Thursday to eat it because it’s National Grilled Cheese Day.
While we agree that the holiday may have been best celebrated during the rainy winter with a cup of hot tomato soup on the side, Wednesday is when the nation honors that tasty creation that is the grilled cheese.
Cheese and bread has been consumed together for centuries — it’s delicious, so why not? — but the toasted sandwich as we know it today became popular in the 1920s.
From the plain and simple version — bread and American cheese — to some of the fancier ones that use gourmet ingredients, a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches will be consumed on Wednesday. We’re heading out to find one of our own soon and may have to whip one up for dinner.
If you’re looking for a place to grab one, check out the gallery below. We searched for the best grilled cheese sandwiches in the Valley and compiled some of the best spots to make things a little easier on you.
But before you get to reading, just a quick pro tip: Adding bacon to a grilled cheese sandwich is almost always a good idea. You’re welcome.
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash