You know how I said even if you thought you saw a sci-fi movie like “Midnight Special,” you really haven’t? Well, “Hardcore Henry” is really the action movie equivalent.
Actually, scratch that — calling this an action movie is an insult to action movies themselves! “Hardcore Henry” is more like Grand Theft Auto in real life!
If you haven’t heard of the movie before, “Hardcore Henry” is basically a first-person film that brings the action typically found in video games such as Call of Duty to real life — but in the best way possible.
The faceless Henry plays the movie’s protagonist as the audience follows along on his journey from man to superman, all the while escaping the army of enemies who are out to get him and his superpowers.
In fact, all the spectacular stunts done in the film were performed by stuntmen wearing face-mounted GoPros, so it really puts you directly in the film.
I loved this movie so much that I gave it a four out of five stars. Honestly, this film is pure fight porn, with an interesting plot line. But for those who get queasy at the sight of blood and gore, this movie isn’t for you.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Bruce St. James gives his picks for the 2017 Oscars