NEW CASTLE, Pa. (AP) – A 15-year-old western Pennsylvania boy who killed his father’s pregnant fiancee and her unborn child when he was 11 will be moved to a juvenile detention facility closer to his father’s home.
Wampum native Jordan Brown was held following the 2009 shooting death of 26-year-old Kenzie Houk (howk), whose unborn son died from a lack of oxygen. Brown previously was found delinquent, the juvenile court equivalent of a guilty verdict. He was at an undisclosed detention center.
Houk’s parents, Debbie and Jack Houk, say a Lawrence County judge on Friday granted a defense request to move Brown to George Junior Republic in Grove City.
Brown’s attorney says the outcome of the closed-door hearing attended by the Houks was supposed to remain secret.
Brown is under court supervision until he’s 21. His status is reviewed every six months.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck