CHICAGO (AP) – A Chicago man accused of binding his 22-month-old daughter with tape and posting a picture on Facebook has been sentenced to 18 months of probation.
A Cook County judge on Friday also ordered 22-year-old Andre Curry to attend parenting classes and submit to periodic drug testing.
Curry posted the picture with a caption that read, “This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back.”
He was convicted in November of aggravated domestic battery and aggravated battery. He’d faced up to seven years in prison but received probation because he has no prior criminal record.
Curry’s lawyer had argued the father was merely having fun with the child and that she wasn’t in danger. But the judge disagreed and criticized Curry for obstructing his child’s breathing for his own enjoyment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick