For The Associated Press
(AP) – Wet weather will diminish across the East Coast on Sunday as a low pressure system in eastern Canada lifts northeastward and away from the region. Flow around the system will continue producing lake effect rain showers across the southeastern shores of the Great Lakes, but shower activity will be light and widespread.
A cold front associated with the system will lift northeastward by mid-day, allowing for a few more showers and thunderstorms to develop over the far Northeast early in the day.As the system moves further away, it will continue pushing cool air in from central Canada. This will allow for chilly Fall weather to spread from the Upper Midwest and into the Ohio River Valley and Northeast.
High temperatures will remain in the 60s for these areas, while overnight lows will dip into the upper 20s for some of the Northern Tier states. Frost and freeze advisories will remain in effect for parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes regions.
In the South, showers and thunderstorms will continue across southern Florida as a cold front lingers over the region. This obtains moisture from the eastern Gulf of Mexico, spreading more heavy rains and strong thunderstorms over southern Florida throughout the day.
Out West, a low pressure system moves eastward from the Pacific Northwest and into the Intermountain West on Sunday. This will push moisture in from the Pacific Ocean, triggering widespread showers and thunderstorms across the Intermountain West, Great Basin, and moving into the Northern Rockies. Breezy winds and cooler temperatures will accompany this system. Temperatures ranged Saturday in the lower 48 states from a morning low of 15 degrees at Hazen, N.D., to a high of 102 degrees at Imperial, Calif.
National Weather Service:
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon