For The Associated Press
(AP) – Wet weather will diminish across the East Coast on Sunday as a low pressure system in eastern Canada lifts northeastward and away from the region. Flow around the system will continue producing lake effect rain showers across the southeastern shores of the Great Lakes, but shower activity will be light and widespread.
A cold front associated with the system will lift northeastward by mid-day, allowing for a few more showers and thunderstorms to develop over the far Northeast early in the day.As the system moves further away, it will continue pushing cool air in from central Canada. This will allow for chilly Fall weather to spread from the Upper Midwest and into the Ohio River Valley and Northeast.
High temperatures will remain in the 60s for these areas, while overnight lows will dip into the upper 20s for some of the Northern Tier states. Frost and freeze advisories will remain in effect for parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes regions.
In the South, showers and thunderstorms will continue across southern Florida as a cold front lingers over the region. This obtains moisture from the eastern Gulf of Mexico, spreading more heavy rains and strong thunderstorms over southern Florida throughout the day.
Out West, a low pressure system moves eastward from the Pacific Northwest and into the Intermountain West on Sunday. This will push moisture in from the Pacific Ocean, triggering widespread showers and thunderstorms across the Intermountain West, Great Basin, and moving into the Northern Rockies. Breezy winds and cooler temperatures will accompany this system. Temperatures ranged Saturday in the lower 48 states from a morning low of 15 degrees at Hazen, N.D., to a high of 102 degrees at Imperial, Calif.
National Weather Service:
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas