One chore on my honey-do list that I really don't like is picking weeds, especially when I could be spending that time doing another outdoor activity this glorious time of year.
Last week, in part 1 of this series, I went through the “vitals” that need to be taken when looking to hire a contractor. As you noted, the vitals are a straight-forward factual checklist of information to collect. But in addition to the vitals, and to get to know your contractor really, really well, I […]
The State of Arizona has very strict rules and regulations that govern the state's contractors.
One of the most asked questions we get on the show each week during the gardening hour is, "How often should I fertilize my citrus trees, and when's the best time of year."
Man caves have really grown in popularity over the past five years. With that, there have been best practices that have evolved through trial and error and callers to our Saturday morning show. As you read through the following list of tips, remember the first tip is the most important and will ensure you’re enjoying […]
Is the water running from your kitchen faucet hot enough to boil an egg or just wilt the lettuce for your Caesar salad? Are you risking a heatstroke when you visit that Death Valley location you refer to as your garage? Is your attic so hot that you wonder why your roof isn't on fire?
We are always amazed at the topics that generate a significant response from our listeners; in this case ants!
Arizona has hard water; that's a given. But once you accept that fact, you have to decide what to do about the water at your house.
As you shop for new windows, you'll hear and read a lot of jargon about glazing, spacers and cladding. Here is a glossary of terms that might help you understand what is being discussed.
Summer is almost here, and you're probably already dreading your hot-weather electric bills.
- December's Rosie-do list: It's time to get ready for the Arizona winter
- November's Rosie-do list: Time to get ready for the holidays
- October's Rosie-do List: Keep your home running smoothly this month
- September’s Rosie-do list: Get your veggies, trees and yard ready for fall
- August’s Rosie-do list: Fix the monsoon issues, get ready for fall
- July's Rosie-do list will help you fight bugs brought on by the monsoon
- Ready your home for monsoon season with June's 'Rosie-do' list
- Eight things for homeowners to add to their 'Rosie-do' list for May
- 6 to-do items for your April 'Rosie-do' list
- Your 'Rosie-Do List' for March: Time to start gearing up for summer
- Rosie-Do List for February: Get outdoors to prepare for spring
- Here’s your ‘Rosie-Do List’ for January