You may not get back a refund big enough to pay for demolishing and redoing the bathroom or kitchen. But even if you're only getting a few hundred from Uncle Sam, you can make some changes to add value to your home.
The clock may be ticking for your old air conditioner, especially if the unit is 10 years old or more. And with our weather heating up and the big summer heat on the horizon, you may be worried your unit’s time is up. Well, now’s the perfect time to replace that old clunker-cooler. Soon it […]
If water heaters aren't regularly maintained, they can have a devastating of an effect.
Calling all clean freaks! This is the list you've been waiting for - the most overlooked places dirt, grime and build-up are hiding in your home. We've listed each here and provided a few suggestions on how to address while tackling your spring-cleaning chores.
It’s official. March 20th is the first day of spring. With all of us enjoying more and more time outdoors before the summer heat hits, you might consider giving your backyard lighting a bit of a spruce-up! Backyard lighting adds a nice touch of ambiance and helps you relax in your outdoor sanctuary. It’s also […]
When it comes to green and your house, home, castle and cabin, we wanted to offer you a few ideas on green cleaning solutions you can make yourself!
One chore on my honey-do list that I really don't like is picking weeds, especially when I could be spending that time doing another outdoor activity this glorious time of year.
Last week, in part 1 of this series, I went through the “vitals” that need to be taken when looking to hire a contractor. As you noted, the vitals are a straight-forward factual checklist of information to collect. But in addition to the vitals, and to get to know your contractor really, really well, I […]
The State of Arizona has very strict rules and regulations that govern the state's contractors.
One of the most asked questions we get on the show each week during the gardening hour is, "How often should I fertilize my citrus trees, and when's the best time of year."
- December's Rosie-do list: It's time to get ready for the Arizona winter
- November's Rosie-do list: Time to get ready for the holidays
- October's Rosie-do List: Keep your home running smoothly this month
- September’s Rosie-do list: Get your veggies, trees and yard ready for fall
- August’s Rosie-do list: Fix the monsoon issues, get ready for fall
- July's Rosie-do list will help you fight bugs brought on by the monsoon
- Ready your home for monsoon season with June's 'Rosie-do' list
- Eight things for homeowners to add to their 'Rosie-do' list for May
- 6 to-do items for your April 'Rosie-do' list
- Your 'Rosie-Do List' for March: Time to start gearing up for summer
- Rosie-Do List for February: Get outdoors to prepare for spring
- Here’s your ‘Rosie-Do List’ for January