Six fixes to consider in older houses you may be able to do yourself
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | March 16, 2017 9:45 am
If you buy older houses, there is probably something you want to get rid of or replace. Here are some of the features that may bother you.
You asked, we answered: Turn your carport into a garage
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | March 9, 2017 1:37 pm
Many homeowners in Arizona with older homes have had carports put up when houses were built but many homeowners yearn to turn them into garages.
Three ways to keep a burglar from getting into your home
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | March 2, 2017 10:38 am
It might surprise you to learn that the top way a bad guy prefers to enter your house is through your front door. When a burglar […]
Seven steps to hire the right contractor to work in your home
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | February 23, 2017 1:16 pm
All too often we take calls hearing homeowner horror stories about a bad contracting job. Here’s seven steps to hire the right contractor.
What you need to do in the garden this month
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | February 16, 2017 3:58 pm
We’re turning our attention to other outdoor to-dos. If you want a lush and fertile garden this year, there are two important jobs to take on in February.
Here’s when and how to prune your trees in Arizona
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | February 9, 2017 12:25 pm
When you live in the desert, the pruning of the trees in your yard raises a lot of questions: When to prune? What’s the proper procedure?
What homeowners need to know about having an HOA
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | February 2, 2017 3:45 pm
There’s a lot to learn about having an HOA, especially with thousands of them in Arizona. Here are the questions you should ask of your association.
What is a water softener and why do I need one?
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | January 26, 2017 11:20 am
New residents quickly find out that Arizona has hard water, due to high levels of calcium and magnesium naturally occurring in the water.
Five signs your home may have foundation problems
Rosie Romero, Host and Owner of RosieontheHouse.com | January 19, 2017 11:59 am
Here are five signs that might mean you want to hire an expert to determine if there has been damage to your foundations.
- December's Rosie-do list: It's time to get ready for the Arizona winter
- November's Rosie-do list: Time to get ready for the holidays
- October's Rosie-do List: Keep your home running smoothly this month
- September’s Rosie-do list: Get your veggies, trees and yard ready for fall
- August’s Rosie-do list: Fix the monsoon issues, get ready for fall
- July's Rosie-do list will help you fight bugs brought on by the monsoon
- Ready your home for monsoon season with June's 'Rosie-do' list
- Eight things for homeowners to add to their 'Rosie-do' list for May
- 6 to-do items for your April 'Rosie-do' list
- Your 'Rosie-Do List' for March: Time to start gearing up for summer
- Rosie-Do List for February: Get outdoors to prepare for spring
- Here’s your ‘Rosie-Do List’ for January