GIRARD, Pa. (AP) - Police have cited a 42-year-old Pennsylvania woman for disorderly conduct after she called 911 requesting a divorce and police assistance to make her husband leave.
Troopers say the woman called just after 1 a.m. Saturday asking that officers be sent to her home in Girard Township in northwestern Pennsylvania.
Police say they explained to the woman, whom they are not identifying, that a divorce is a civil matter and that they could not make her husband leave the residence because no crime had been committed.
Instead, police have cited the woman for disorderly conduct and misusing the Erie County 911 system.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Civil suit filed after dogs die at Gilbert animal boarding facility
- Doug Ducey, Fred DuVal differences narrow in 2nd gubernatorial debate
- Rob Zombie headlines opening event for haunted fall attraction in Scottsdale
- 25-year-old man dies after fall on Phoenix's Camelback Mountain
- Gilbert high school students, alumni working to help security guard fix flooded home