MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - Police say they've got the $3,200 engagement ring a New Hampshire allegedly swallowed during an attempted jewelry store theft.
Authorities charged 52-year-old Ronald Perley with theft and falsifying physical evidence after they say X-rays showed the 14-karat white-gold ring with princess-cut diamonds inside him.
WMUR-TV ( http://bit.ly/15cl7n3) reports Manchester police had recovered the ring as of Saturday.
Perley allegedly went into Bellman's Jewelers on Thursday asking about engagement rings. Workers said he grabbed a ring then swallowed it after being confronted.
Police say surveillance footage shows Perley taking the ring and putting his hand to his mouth.
Perley was being held on $50,000 bail. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix woman gets air conditioning for first time in 18 years
- Phoenix drops initiative to install parking meters at popular trailheads
- Inmate accused of killing brother heard voices before allegedly killing cellmate
- Sky Harbor puts damper on Sun Devils' fireworks
- Big house, big price tag on 'Big Unit' Randy Johnson's house