BROCKTON, Mass. (AP) - Police in Massachusetts say a 10-year-old boy called 911 because he didn't want to go to bed.
Brockton police say the boy made the emergency call just after 8 p.m. Wednesday and told the dispatcher he was calling to report his mother because he did not want to go to bed.
There was no emergency.
The Enterprise ( http://bit.ly/YoKmJZ) reports that according to the police log, an officer went to the boy's home and explained to him when it's appropriate- and when it's not- to call 911.
No one was charged.
Information from: The (Brockton, Mass.) Enterprise, http://www.enterprisenews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- AP sources: Cops' killer angry at chokehold death
- 1 killed, 1 hurt in bike-vehicle collision in Mesa
- Fire severely damages popular Phoenix restaurant
- Al Michaels predicts Arizona Cardinals-Seattle Seahawks game to be close, low scoring
- Police searching for man who committed aggravated robbery at Phoenix convenience store