BROCKTON, Mass. (AP) - Police in Massachusetts say a 10-year-old boy called 911 because he didn't want to go to bed.
Brockton police say the boy made the emergency call just after 8 p.m. Wednesday and told the dispatcher he was calling to report his mother because he did not want to go to bed.
There was no emergency.
The Enterprise ( http://bit.ly/YoKmJZ) reports that according to the police log, an officer went to the boy's home and explained to him when it's appropriate- and when it's not- to call 911.
No one was charged.
Information from: The (Brockton, Mass.) Enterprise, http://www.enterprisenews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona man accused of using $476K in employer's funds for strippers
- Phoenix to debut longest ballot, voting pamphlet in city history
- Monsoon storms expected to return to the Valley this week
- ASU grad launches mobile project to connect workers with odd jobs
- NASA, USDA agreement could lead to major farming improvements